Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hot Water

I realize most people have no idea what a calentador is. Basically it is just an electric water heater that is attached directly to the shower nozzle. It heats the water just before it drops, which means when you want warmer water, you are going to have less pressure.

And since you are mixing water and electricity, problems sometimes arise. I haven’t had any issues with the calentador at my new house, but I was shocked a handful of times by the one at my old place. Recently our Safety and Security Coordinator sent out a warning email after two volunteers’ heaters caught fire while they were in the shower. Though the calentadores may not be the safest contraptions, I would take the slight risk of a little shock or a small fire over a cold shower any day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice!