Sunday, October 18, 2009

October Rains


After what has been an abnormally hot and dry October (Guatemala is facing a severe drought), today the temperature dropped by 20 degrees and it has been raining non-stop all day. Ironically since last year’s dreary cold and damp October I had been dreading this year’s, but now I find today’s downpour a welcome relief from the heat and monotony of the weather. But whether I continue to find the cooler temperatures and rain a pleasant change depends on how many days or weeks it is until Tactic sees the sun again. A day of showers can be enjoyable; two weeks straight of showers is just miserable.

4 comments:

ashleigh said...

we just had two weeks of rain and I would wish it on you!

B. said...

We got over 2 inches yesterday and day two has started off cold and overcast with chipy-chipy falling.

Unknown said...

That's not rain... that's a deluge!
I'd keep my ark handy if I were you... :-p.

B. said...

The average annual rainfall of Tactic is 119 inches, so 2 inch showers are not at all uncommon.