Sunday, August 9, 2009

Warnings

I find product warning labels rather amusing. It is as if there are people whose sole job it is to think up stupid ways in which consumers could harm themselves and to make little illustrations to prevent that from happening. This may lessen the number of injuries, but more importantly (for the company) it lessens the number of lawsuits: “Your case has no grounds because we put a drawing right on the package showing that this curling iron is not to be used on eyelashes.”

Anyway, these labels are from a retractable dog leash my mom sent me from the states. Perhaps no one else will find them as humorous as I do.



The whiplash effect.

My personal favorite.

1 comment:

Gini said...

I find them as amusing. The best is the amputee fingers. My absolute favorite though, is a jar of peanut butter I once saw that said "May contain nuts." Haaaaa!!!!